It’s so annoying when your new makeup arrives damaged or you knock it off your dressing table and it shatters in its case. I ordered this Anastasia Beverly Hills Glow Kit a while back and spent a good £40 on it (sorry bank balance!) I was so disappointed when it came broken, I luckily got sent out a new one free of charge (still had to pay a £20 import charge though!) However, I was just stuck with this broken palette, I started researching ways to fix it. The majority of them were with much cheaper powder foundations and it seemed to work but highlighter? I was terrified it would just ruin the makeup.
So on a whim I decided to give it a go. I’m sure you can tell by this blog post that it was successful! The quality of my highlighters is still the same! It may smell a little of alcohol now but I can actually use it properly now.
What you’ll need:
Surgical spirit/rubbing alcohol
Kitchen roll/ absorbent paper
1. The first thing you need to do is remove the pan from the palette and scrape all of the powder into a bowl (I just used a ramekin).
2. Then, using the spoon, crush up all the big pieces in the bowl until it is all a fine powder.
3. Add in a tiny amount of surgical spirit/rubbing alcohol at a time, mix it up. It should form a wet paste, if it’s too dry it’ll crumble. If it’s too wet you’ll end up with wasted product that will take ages to dry.
4. Spoon the mixture back into the pan
5. Use a knife (a palette knife would work best!) and smooth out the product to the edges until it is all distributed evenly throughout the pan.
6. Use some kitchen towel and the palm of your hand and lightly press down on the makeup. This will absorb the excess alcohol in it and make it dry quicker and back to a compact powder. I do this several times until I can see there’s no product transfer and the kitchen roll isn’t becoming wet anymore.
And there you have it! All fixed and like new. It didn’t affect the quality of the products and it saves you so much money!
Here’s a video I put on YouTube if you prefer to watch it being done rather than through pictures!
See you next time,